Get instant alerts when news comes in about your stocks. Request a one-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium over here.
WALL, NJ–(BUSINESS WIRE)–New Jersey Resources Corporation (NYSE: NJR) today announced the appointment of Tegal K. As secretary to the Board of Directors of NJR and its affiliates, he acts as the company’s registered agent and registrar, overseeing corporate governance and supporting the company’s overall legal function.
“Tegal Mehta is an accomplished attorney whose proven skills and experience will serve our firm, board of directors, and clients well,” said Richard Reich, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, New Jersey Resources. “With nearly 15 years of legal experience and a proven track record of effectively managing complex regulatory, corporate governance and oversight issues, we are pleased to welcome Tegal to our team.”
Prior to joining NJR, Ms. Mehta worked as Senior Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary at TD Bank Group, where she was responsible for regulatory compliance, corporate governance policy and corporate secretarial operations for TD entities in the United States. Prior to this, she was a Senior Associate in the Defense, Internal Investigations and Securities Litigation Group at Ballard Spahr LLP, a nationally recognized litigation firm.
Mrs. Mehta holds a PhD in jurisprudence par excellence She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Villanova College of Law from Widener University. She has worked for Justice of the Peace Carol Sandra Moore Wells in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe, reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transmission, distribution, asset management, and home services. NJR consists of five core businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, The main subsidiary company NJR, It operates and maintains more than 7,600 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve more than half a million customers in New Jersey, Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington.
- clean energy projects It invests in, owns and operates solar projects with a total capacity of approximately 370 MW, providing residential and commercial clients with low carbon solutions.
- Energy Services It manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers throughout North America.
- Storage and transportation It serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its ownership of the Leaf River and Adivinia pipeline project, as well as a 50% shareholding in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility.
- home services Provides service contracts in addition to central heating, air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar energy and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,200 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
Hit like it on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Source: New Jersey Resources